Monday, May 10, 2010

Town Meeting, the Next Installment


Tonight is the next installment of our awesome town meetings, and alas, I cannot make it, though I will certainly be watching.

My first sincere hope is that a proper amount of professionalism and decorum can be kept. The last meeting saw no attempt to stick to the stated agenda - ensuring that both sides of the budget would get its proper time to be debated. One of the meetings last year featured the red hooded intimidation crew - definitely in bad taste.

I will be voting yes. I believe that every investment necessary to maintain our town is worthwhile, no matter how painful. Others will disagree. I certainly hope that plenty of yes votes make it out and speak carefully and profoundly on this view. At the meeting last month very few people came out and only a couple of people bothered to counter some of the rambling negativism.

So, Mr. Freda, people will be watching. Please keep it sharp and focused tonight - the way meetings have been run in the not too distant past.

No comments: