Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Budget Passage


Okay, here it is.

I am asking that you vote to pass the budget coming up next month on referendum.

Here's why: it is my understanding that the next item on the educational chopping block is all-day kindergarten.  I have a pre-school age child.  I need to be able to send my child to school next year, all day.  Early childhood education is critical both to brain and social development.  It's also necessary to the schedules and professional needs of many parents.

Vote "yes" to save full day kindergarten.  That's the crux of where I stand.  Yes, it is selfish, but it is also practical on behalf of the town.  Where will these children be in their skills and abilities if they are robbed of fully HALF of their instructional time at this crucial age?

No comments: